Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Review: Who Gets to Narrate the World?: Contending for the Christian Story in an Age of Rivals

Who Gets to Narrate the World?: Contending for the Christian Story in an Age of Rivals Who Gets to Narrate the World?: Contending for the Christian Story in an Age of Rivals by Robert E. Webber
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall a decent book. I'm reading it along with Ravi Zacharias' "Why Jesus?" and it seems to be a good, smaller, companion read. While at times it was a little tough to follow and mentally process, I do appreciate the overall movement of the book, as it's an effort to call the church to remember and restore her place and position from WITHIN God's narrative, rather than standing on the outside, looking in. Webber argues that to do the latter forces one to succumb to the culture's terms in 'defending' God via reason rather than via His truth. It's certainly a thought-provoking read and worth checking out if you have nothing better to read right now and are interested in how today's church is engaging with today's world. I'll keep it on my shelf for reference, but I'm not sure it's one that I'll put in my "definitely re-read" pile.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment