Thursday, July 4, 2019

Review: The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life

The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life The Minimalist Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to a Decluttered, Refocused Life by Joshua Becker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a great book! I wasn't super familiar with the whole 'minimalist' thing before reading this book, but I feel like this was a fantastic introduction to it! I loved how Becker talked about the reasoning behind much of what he advocated, yet at the same time emphasized that each person has their own level of minimizing that they wish to achieve. It was a breath of fresh air compared to what I had heard from others who were advocating minimizing, almost to the point of demeaning you if you didn't see 100% alike.

From reading about the stories and the opportunities that Joshua and his family get to experience and participate in now since they have begun their minimalist journey, I found myself encouraged to purge some things from my life as well. It was really cool to read stories from real people who are all at different points of their journey, and to see/hear about their victories, struggles, and hopes. In fact, after reading this book, I started to clean out my office at work and get rid of some things in order to be more open.

This book is set up in an ingenious way, working from one area of the home to another, beginning with the easiest and moving on toward the most difficult. At the end of each chapter, there is a checklist/guide included to help you go about putting into practice what you've just read. I highly recommend this book to everyone! From the little bit that I've done thus far in beginning to purge things, there is something to reversing the course on consumerism and living with 'less' in order to enjoy/experience more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment