Friday, August 9, 2019

Review: A Tale of Three Kings

A Tale of Three Kings A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book in the span of about an hour and a half while waiting for my car to be serviced. It was a recommended reading by my brother-in-law and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Edwards does a good job of creating a drama-like story involving King Saul, David, and Absalom. Throughout the story, you see the inner-character of a person undergo pressing and testing, while facing opportunities at every corner to compromise who he is and become someone he never was. Overall, you'll find yourself asking yourself questions about how you might be becoming (or already are) a 'King Saul' or a 'King David'. If you take it seriously and truly wrestle with the questions, scenarios, and illustrations provided, you can't help but walk away with a brutally honest assessment of your inner attitude and perspective on your life and service in relation to God's kingdom. Certainly a highly recommended read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment