Friday, August 9, 2019

Review: May It Be So: Forty Days with the Lord's Prayer

May It Be So: Forty Days with the Lord's Prayer May It Be So: Forty Days with the Lord's Prayer by Justin McRoberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a VERY short book. You could easily read it within an hour if you wanted to read the whole thing. It's purpose is to be a 40-day discipline utilizing the Lord's Prayer as an anchor, to explore both prayer and your own relationship, both with God and others. There are many prayers that are in this book that have stuck with me and I'm planning on encouraging college students in the campus ministry with them this year. Every prayer is super short, but will challenge you to meditate on what on not only what you're asking, but your current state/health of receptiveness to that prayer's answer. Justin includes personal stories that are great for trying a difference perspective in engaging a particular part of Jesus' model prayer. Overall, this is certainly a book that I'm going to utilize in a number of ways over the next few years within my life and my ministry. I certainly recommend you give it a read if you're interested in an 'artsy' take on a 40-practice centered around the Lord's prayer.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment