Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nope... Nothing...

Don't ask me why that's the title. I just asked a student to give me the first title that popped into his head and those where the first words that came out of his mouth. Anyways, last night was a great night! We had to meet off campus at a local church because our room that we normally meet in was being used by the school for a program called 'celebration of scholarship,' but we still had 40 people show up! I talked about Jesus' parable of the sower as part 1 of a 2 part sermon 'mini-series' that I'm ending the semester with. We had a great time last night, but I have to admit, it's getting to be a little bitter-sweet. Next week is the last CSF of the school-year and it'll be the last time that I see some of the students who are graduating in CSF. My hope is that I can leave them with encouragement and motivation that will help them as they enter into the next stage of their lives. I also hope that the other students will get encouragement from it as well so that they can continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus this summer and come back to school with some awesome stories and an amazing testimony about how much they grew closer to Jesus and how much Jesus did through them. If you're reading this blog, I hope you will join me in praying for the students and pray that they won't abandon working on relational growth with Jesus this summer! I hope to keep you all updated on our adventures this summer with the two weeks of camp, our adventure to the 3rd-world country of Iowa (JK ;)...), our adventure to Florida, and then are big move from Avis to Lock Haven! I'd appreciate your prayers as Emily and I head into the summer and as the students go about their ways as well! Until next time! =)


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment