Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Amazing

That's really all that can be said about last week's Stations of the Cross. We had a great number of people show up from CSF as well as a great number of people from the church and participate in the evening. We had a total of 11 stations in the Stations of the Cross that led people up to a communion station. We also had two other stations that people could participate in. One of the stations was a table with paper and Bibles on it. Anyone could go up and sit at the table and just free-journal. They could also read passages from Scripture and just write there interaction with the Scripture and the Spirit if they chose to. The worship leader, Kathy Spotts, helped us out A LOT in setting up for the evening. We can't really thank her enough for the work that she put into helping getting everything set up. Overall it was a fantastic evening. We also made copies from each station available for people to take home with them if they so chose. Many students and members of the church communicated just how much they enjoyed the opportunity to experience this 'different' type of service. I for one love the opportunity to have a break from a routine of a 'traditional' service and experience a service that forces you to use and embrace the non-linear side of your brain and use your creativity and allowing the Spirit to move and work in out of the ordinary ways while spending time with God.

After the service I was able to talk with Kathy and we agreed that we should try to do 'joint-services/experiences' like this more often. I personally think it's a great idea! I'm really excited to work with Emily and try to think of more variations and more types of services that we can put into our programming. I'm hoping that this might allow for an atmosphere in which students will come out to experience God in different ways. One of the biggest, most beneficial things that I experienced while growing in my faith was participating in services that didn't get stuck in a monotonous routine. There was a fresh service/way of connecting with Scripture and God infused throughout the year. Hopefully we'll be able to make some headway here soon, coming up with ideas for next semester's programming. I've already had some revelation regarding what to cover in the curriculum for next semester, and that's been really exciting for me. I would appreciate any prayers that you all could give for Emily and I in preparing for next semester and for this summer with the camp weeks that we are going to be participating in. We're super excited and just want to be used by God to be a conduit for his love and the gospel of Jesus to be spread through.

Sorry if this blog seemed a little scatter brained, haha. I'm currently trying to write this update for everyone while hanging out with a couple guys from the campus ministry. I used to think I was pretty good a multi-tasking, but I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't one of those things that I'm able to do while doing something else, haha. But nonetheless, you won't have to suffer through any more thoughts, haha. =) Thanks for all of your prayers and support! I hope you all know that it's not in vain and that you're helping to make a difference in the lives of people up here in Central Pennsylvania. I pray that God will bless each of you and the ministry (personal and/or vocational) that you all are involved in. Hope you all have a great week!!! =) Until next time!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment