Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a night!

Last night at CSF, we had around 41 people show up and I had a blast! Part of the reason I had so much fun, was because I had the opportunity to talk about an issue/topic that's pretty controversial among Christians, predestination verses free will. It was a very fun night! It was very encouraging at the end of the night, because I had a student come up to me and tell me that there have only ever been two sermons on this topic that have every made sense to him and that he enjoyed, and mine was one of them. That was very encouraging to hear! I've had a number of other students come up to me with further questions that they have. The most encouraging comment I received, however, was that a student said he gained a better, deeper understanding of God's love and grace than he had ever had before through hearing the sermon last night. I've already had someone submit a new topic that they are dealing with and want to know what God has to say about it!!! This is VERY exciting to me, because it tells me that they want to know what the Bible, and ultimately what God has to say about the issues that they are constantly wrestling with!!! This is the kind of impact that I hope God continues to use me to instill and spread on the campus of Lock Haven University and all of Central Pennsylvania! I haven't had the chance to do my homework as of yet, but before I leave LHU today, I'm going to talk to another student and ask them about whether or not they know Jesus. I'm super excited about the changes that I can see God working through and within me. I am totally blessed and can't believe that I have the opportunity to call what I'm doing my job!!! Stay tuned for more updates as they happen!!! Keep praying for the Kingdom of Heaven to continue it's expansion, and that Central Pennsylvania would be a MAJOR part in that!!! Love you guys!!!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment