Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Look at God move! =)

Since beginning these discipleship groups this past Sunday, I have already begun to see a huge change taking place around me. I already have two groups and one individual discipleship group that I'll be meeting with each week. The first installment of the Discipleship Group was a huge eye opener for all of us, including me! The first step we're taking is looking at Jesus' sermon on the mount that's found in Matthew 5-7. For the first week, we covered more specifically verses 1-12. Our homework assignment for the week, was to read this section at least one time every day, and to find some practical way that we can reflect these kingdom characteristics that Jesus lists here in our lives for the week. From the students who I've seen and talked to, it's encouraging to hear them talk about how much of a challenge it's been, but how they are excited to be growing. I told them that I was going to be doing homework myself, and my homework assignment for the week was to everyday while I'm in Bentley, I'm going to go talk to one student who is just sitting by him/herself and start a conversation that leads to talking about Jesus and invite them to come check out CSF or another campus ministry. So far I've been blessed beyond belief!!! This was a huge step out of my comfort zone, but to see the look and the reactions of the students in reaction to the fact that I am a Christian who is willing to sit down with them, be open and transparent, have a conversation within which I ask questions and allow them to ask questions, and not blow up on them in judgmental overtones is astonishing!!! I've been praying specifically that God would give me eyes and a heart like His, and that He would show me someone new each day who talking to could plant seeds that would lead to their decision for Christ. Just earlier today, I met a student named Luke. Luke isn't a Christian, but he likes Jesus. He literally said to me, "I wish he was here today so that he could clean up a bunch of this stuff around us." The good news for Luke, is that Jesus is here. His Spirit resides within us, as His Church, and we are called to be His hands and feet, to "clean up a bunch of this stuff around us." I ask that you all would pray for Luke, and for students like him here at Lock Haven University! Pray that CSF will grow stronger and will take the good news that Jesus is alive and kickin' and He's changing the world still today!!! Pray that CSF-LHU can continue to raise the necessary financial funds to keep going, growing, and reaching those who no one has ever taken the time to have a normal conversation about who Jesus really is with!!! God bless!!! =)

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment