Monday, September 19, 2011

Update

I'm SO sorry for not being up on this posting thing, haha. But a lot has happened since that last post. I kicked off the guys' d-group last Thursday! We only had about 4 guys show up for the first one, but it still went very well. Emily is kicking off the girls' d-group this Thursday night. I've gotten a few more people to join Emily and I in this ministry through supporting us, but I'm still looking for about 42 people who would support us with only $20 a month. If I can reach my goal of finding 50 people who would do that, I would jump to 89% funded. Last Wednesday Lock Haven had a club fair. A local CMA church, Commonplace Church, partnered with us and provided us with an ice cream cart and about 9 gallons of ice cream to pass out to people who came by and to help promote CSF. That night we had about 33 students show up, which was the most in a LONG time! Hopefully more people will be interested in coming out and checking out what CSF is and joining the community that we have here at Lock Haven. This week I'm going to be starting the 2nd unit in the curriculum that I have for "Like Jesus". I'm pretty excited about it and my hope is that the students will get a lot out of it and will encounter Jesus in a new, life changing way! Life's going well for Emily and I and we certainly appreciate the prayers that you all are offering up for us! We would ask that you continue to pray that God would use Emily and I to work with the students here and work to change lives! Till next time!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment