Monday, November 25, 2019

Review: The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears

The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I know there is a lot of people out there ranting about how you shouldn't read this book, and that's fine. More power to you if you fall into that boat. I can be like that to MANY books, but this time I wanted to read a book on prayer that would encourage and challenge me if I were to approach it fully empty and with a genuine desperateness to grow in my discipline of prayer. This book certainly didn't disappoint. I walked away with a fresh determination to trust and lean heavily on God and His promises (even if it's really on a reputation of the kind of promises He makes rather than a direct promise to me specifically). If you're looking for a good introduction to prayer before getting into more bedrock books based on specific texts, I'd recommend this one. If you're a seasoned veteran but want something that'll help you freshen up or continue to encourage you, I'd recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment