Thursday, April 4, 2019

Review: The Way of the Warrior: An Ancient Path to Inner Peace

The Way of the Warrior: An Ancient Path to Inner Peace The Way of the Warrior: An Ancient Path to Inner Peace by Erwin Raphael McManus
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book took me a lot longer to read than I had hoped, mainly because McManus wrote in such an 'artistic' way that I couldn't read as fast through the book as I do with others. That being said, I appreciate this work in it's own unique way. It wasn't one of my favorite books, yet it is certainly one which I will reference and ponder in the years to come. Blending personal stories, stories of people he knows, and just a hint of what I might call 'philosophical daydreaming', McManus writes a compelling work calling us all to stand our ground and fight the inner fight many of us flee from most of our lives, the battle within ourselves. There are quite a few things I've already pulled out and used in teachings/trainings that I do, and I look forward to continuing to use them. However I'm not entirely sure I'm going to add this to my re-read stack of books (or at least not in the immediate future). If you're someone who likes a book that's 'artistically' written (abstract thoughts rather than more linear reasoning), then you'll probably enjoy this book even more that I did. If you struggle with reading writing like that, just be warned that this will take a little longer to read. Overall it's certainly worth reading for people, though there are many that I would recommend first (including one of McManus' earlier/shorter works, 'The Barbarian Way').

Thank you to WaterBrook & Multnomah Launch Team, I received a copy of this book for free, in exchange for and honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment