Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Review: Breaking the Code - Participant's Book: Understanding the Book of Revelation

Breaking the Code - Participant's Book: Understanding the Book of Revelation Breaking the Code - Participant's Book: Understanding the Book of Revelation by Bruce M. Metzger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic little book that is an extremely easy and quick read! I've been devouring more and more resources on the Book of Revelation over the past 6 years, and recently was turned on to this little resource by Dr. Shane Wood, who also has put out some REALLY good stuff on Revelation. I would say that in the current camp that I find myself where it comes to understanding and interpreting this book, I agree with about 85-90% of what Metzger wrote here. Nonetheless, I HAVE NOT encountered a better introduction/overview to the actual text of the book as what he presents in this short, 100-page resource! If you're looking to start a serious study of Revelation and you haven't had much guidance (as opposed to what's out there by a lot of sensationalists), this is a MUST READ in terms of a starting place. It will help you digest what you read and compile a framework from which you can then explore the various parts in more detail and with more care! What a great addition/resource for us to be blessed with!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment