Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Review: Spirit of the Living God

Spirit of the Living God Spirit of the Living God by Leon L. Morris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book with a friend of mine who had it as a textbook in his graduate program years ago. Overall, this is a great little book to read if you're interested in exploring the realm of pneumatology (the study of the Holy Spirit). There was much I was already acquainted with that Morris discussed in the book, but that might simply be because this is an older book and I've read other books that used and references his work. There were parts within Morris' arguments that I found myself disagreeing with his conclusions and claims (… such as his stance that there was nothing attractive to God on account of man... something which I believe Scripture presents and hints of the opposite being true. I'm not saying man was 'deserving' by any means, however I do believe God saw His creation as something worth loving and saving.]), yet even then Morris does a good job (though the language is dated) at walking with a person who has never studied the person of the Holy Spirit, and guiding them into the often confused and manipulated waters of learning about Him.

If you are interested in learning more about the Holy Spirit, this book is a great primer. If you're wanting something to help you brush up on your understanding of who the Holy Spirit is, you'll benefit from this book. However if you're looking for something a little more 'in-depth', you're probably better off looking elsewhere.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment