Friday, December 29, 2017

Review: Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God

Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God by Mark Batterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start off by stating that I have not read too many books by Mark Batterson (though I own a few more that I hope to eventually get to). Of the books that I have read however, "Whisper" is my favorite. The main premise of the book is to help people learn how to be more attentive and responsive to the voice of God. Breaking down seven (7) 'languages' that God uses when He speaks to us, Batterson utilizes personal testimony as well as other stories from people whom he has met and heard about to illustrate and illuminate each 'language.'

The seven (7) languages that Batterson lists and explains, include:

1. Scripture
2. Desires
3. Doors
4. Dreams
5. People
6.Promptings
7. Pain

I tried to approach this book without carrying a presupposition in regard to any of the seven (7) 'language' and I am thankful that I did. I would encourage you to do the same if you decide to give this book a chance. Overall, I think this book is a refreshing and much needed read for me. While there was much that I have heard prior to reading this book, there were new applications, stories, and practical suggestions that made the 'reminders' a worth while read. By the time I finished reading, I was encouraged to try out certain suggestions and felt a stronger desire to hear God more. I think Christians at any stage of their lives could benefit from this book.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment